Linguistic insecurity is the anxiety or lack of confidence experienced by speakers and writers who believe that their use of language does not conform to the principles and practices of the language’s standard.
- 40 Questions & Answers about French first language education in Alberta published by the FPFA.
- Mixed Couples – when only one parent speaks French. A resource published by the FPFA which summarizes on one page very simple things that can be done to encourage the use of French when one of the two parents does not speak the language.
- 1 enfant 2 langues – Bilingual Language Development, resource from the Fédération des parents francophone de la Colombie-Britannique that offers a range of resources and references about bilingual language development in young children.
- French in our Alberta Schools : What do I want my child to achieve? by Canadian parents for French Alberta describes the main distinctions between French first language, French as a second language and core French programs.
- Rita Rosenback, mother who raised multilingual children, provides tips and tricks to support learning multiple languages in a home.
- Learn French – start as a beginner with basic phrases, vocabulary and grammar, and progress to an intermediate level of speaking, understanding, and reading. Learn to speak French with fluency, ease, and a near-native accent.
- Institut Guy-Lacombe de la famille (Edmonton) – Centre d’appui familial du Sud de l’Alberta (Calgary) : Francophone Parent Link Centers have a large selection of French resources for very young children, teenagers, and parents, including a toy lending library.
- Dream Big, Little by Little : A simple guide to building a francophone identity at home, for parents of children between 0 and 5 years of age.
- Fusion – An English book published by the author Glen Taylor that offers the perspective of the English-speaking parent for English-speaking parents. Contact us to get your copy.
Quelques vidéos intéressantes :
- Justin Trudeau et l’insécurité en français
- Insécurité linguistique par EmilieTremblay, Yukon
- Une discussion sur la sécurité linguistique
Memes et images pour stimuler la discussion :
Guide des conseils d'école
Microfinancements pour les écoles
Les fonds de dotation