As in previous years, the Ministry of Education will be conducting its annual stakeholder satisfaction telephone surveys to collect public and other stakeholder perceptions of Alberta’s education system.
The surveys gather responses from a random sample of parents, the general public, high school students, teachers, principals, superintendents and school board trustees in the province. The total number of completed surveys will be over 6,000, ensuring that survey results for each of the 10 respondent groups are statistically representative. The survey responses are completely confidential, and only aggregate data will be reported.
In addition to telephone surveys, this year Alberta Education is piloting online surveys of teachers and the public using the same survey instruments. This is being done to examine alternatives to the existing telephone survey methodology.
The purpose of the surveys is to determine stakeholders’ satisfaction with:
- the overall quality of the education system;
- the education system meeting the needs of students and supporting our society and the economy;
- schools providing a safe, caring and inclusive environment for students;
- preparation of students for lifelong learning, employment and active citizenship;
- the education system having effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- leadership and continuous improvement of the education system;
- knowledge, skills, abilities and other related attributes of recent high school graduates; and
- facilities and equipment in the education system.
Your participation is important, as it provides valuable information to help the ministry identify areas of strength and areas needing improvement, thus helping provide a more effective and accountable education system. Some survey results are also used in specific business plan performance measures and will be reported in the ministry’s 2017/18 annual report.
The survey will begin January 5, 2018 and ending March 30, 2018. A summary of the information obtained from the surveys will be posted on Education’s website. Last year’s survey instruments and survey results are available at www.education.alberta.ca/admin/resources/satisfaction.aspx.
For more information:
Corporate Planning Branch
780-422-1963 (toll-free in Alberta by first dialing 310‑0000)